Thursday, March 02, 2006

Burke in the Box


Burke in the Box
150 E. 59th st (inside Bloomindales)



So what’s a guy todo?…for whatever reason you agree to go shopping at Bloomindales with a friend of yours and after 2 hours of “no your ass doesn’t look fat in those jeans” you are about to go nuts. Well I say you have earned a treat even if a burger fries and a coke will set you back over 15 bucks. Welcome to Burke in the Box, the city’s latest entry in the mini burger market, located inside Bloomindales.
The total amount of food is not much different then Pop Burger…3 tiny burgers vs pop burger's 2 slightly bigger ones. If you are really really hungry you might not be full afterwards and unfortunately you cant just order one extra burger like you would be able to do at Sassys or White Castle. It’s a shame I know.
So the burgers….the beef patties resemble little meatballs and the inside even had a little pink! Something you don’t see too often in mini burgers. The beef was covered with some sprinkle of rub or seasoning that I didn’t really care for or have the ability to recognize ( I tried using the very complicated Bergermelier technique of holding the beef at a 90 degree angle while licking it…but no luck, only that crazy guy look from the people around me)….anyway a squirt of Heinz 57 fixes all.

In my mind the highlight of the burger was the bun it was served on. In order to create the patty caddie I think Burke had to mate a KFC Biscuit with an English Muffin. It was buttery and crusty and full of nooks and crannies.
The fixins fell short of my expectations. On top of the beef was a pickle slice or two and that was it. Speared on the outside of the bun was a cherry tomato. While this made the burger look rather fancy smancy it was a pain to eat. Simply moving the tomato to the inside of the burger just made a mess…ketchup all over my ipod. I tried to smoosh the tomato before it went on the burger. That helped a little but I wish they just used a slice of tomato instead.
Overall I enjoyed the burger. If you’re in Bloomindales by all means try one at least once. The meal wasn’t cheep…but then again not much in the store is.





Price:16ish burger fries drink

Type: Fancy Food Court / mini burger

Recomended: If you see no difference in paying 8 or 16 for a burger meal go for it. Otherwise stick to pop burger.

1 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo man, nice. Except for that bright blue bar at the top. It's burning my eyes out.

Do you think you could have a burger-ranking somewhere on the site so I don't have to read through everything? Thanks dude, keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home