Thursday, January 26, 2006

THE PUMP energy food

The PUMP- energy food
Mult locations including 113 east 31st (and lex)

This place came highly recommended by a lot of girls I know. Its not really a burger spot, however the burger pita looked interesting so I gave it a shot.
The menu (www.menupages.com) lists it as a “Lean Steak Burger: A lean 6oz steak burger” as with the other pitas it was to be served with romaine lettuce, cucumbers, and onions stuffed into a whole-wheat pita.
Looking over the description the whole burger in a pita concept didn’t thrill me much…I just flashed back to every time I order falafel and have at least one or two balls roll onto my lap. The 6oz of quality steak sounded good so I went ahead and ordered.
When my burger/pita arrived I was actually surprised at how much I liked having the pita. Whatever brand of pita they used managed to do a great job holding in everything…significantly better than even a hamburger bun would do. Not messey at all. The Pita Pocket also allowed for an extra amount of veggies/salad to be stuffed in which was nice.
The downer of the meal was the “steak” itself. I suppose steak doesn’t guarantee any sort of quality…I mean steak-ums are steak. With the high quality image of this place I was expecting more than the frozen supermarket brand tasting beef patty that was delivered to me.

Overall I don’t recommend the burger. Pump has some great items but this is not one of them.


Price: 6 beans
Type: Health Nut
Recommend: Burger no, other pitas are very good though.

1 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry that your burger was blah, the pump is one of my surprising fsvorites for lunch. Next time, try their turkey burger, any style, it's thick and juicy and delicious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home